Canvas has released, Canvas by Instructure, a major redesign of their Canvas mobile apps for iOS and Android.
To receive this updates on an iPhone or iPod Touch:
Download Canvas by Instructure. This is a completely new app from Canvas for iOS and users will not get an update notice.
To receive this update on an Android device:
Download Canvas by Instructure, or update the current app on your device.
There is currently no update to the iPad:
An updated version of Canvas by Instructure for the iPad is in production with expected release this fall. Until then, iPad access is available through Canvas for iOS.
New features included with this release include
- New Dashboard with grade peeking
- Access to modules
- Ability for students to take quizzes
- The course homepage now matches the web
- Upgraded course navigation which includes access to Apps (LTIs)
- Assignment submissions (new to Android)
- Android homescreen widget
Some notable limitations:
- Course customization on the Dashboard is no longer supported for all devices, including the iPad
- Access to Groups is currently disabled and will return in a future mobile update.
For more information about Mobile 2.0, go to: