The UCFID is NOT your NID. Your UCFID is a unique random number that is assigned when you first enter the UCF system. Like the NID, your UCFID is yours for life and will never be assigned to another individual.
Your UCFID is your primary identification number within the UCF system. This number is associated with your student or staff record that contains your personal information as well as grades, schedule, employment, payroll and other data that can be accessed through the my.ucf.edu portal. Your UCFID IS NOT used to log on to the portal or any other system at UCF, it is used only to identify you within the system.
You may use your UCFID when identifying yourself to someone accessing your student or staff records. For example, they may ask for your UCFID when scheduling an advising appointment, checking out a library book or when a staff member is working with HR. Your UCFID does not need to be closely guarded as any systems that utilize the ID will require an authorized NID and NID password to access.
How do I find my UCFID?
- Navigate your internet browser to my.ucf.edu.
- Sign on using your NID and NID password. If you do not know your NID or need to reset your NID password, please visit mynid.ucf.edu
- Locate the Personal Information page
- STUDENTS / ALUMNI: Under the myUCF menu, navigate to Student Self Service -> Personal Information -> UCFID Info
- FACULTY / STAFF / APPOINTMENTS: Under the myUCF menu, navigate to Employee Self Service -> Personal Information -> UCFID Info
- Your UCFID, NID and UCF ID Card # information will be displayed.
- Please remember to SIGN OUT of the my.ucf.edu portal when you are done.
If you have additional questions or need further assistance, you can contact the UCF Service Desk using the information found here or you can visit the Technology Commons help desk located within the UCF Technology Commons.
UCF Student ID Card
As of June 1st, 2014, your UCFID number is printed on the front of your newly assigned UCF student / staff ID cards. In addition, you can visit myid.ucf.edu for instructions on retrieving your UCFID through the my.ucf.edu portal. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, you can contact the UCF Service Desk or visit the Technology Commons help desk located within the UCF Technology Commons.